Nimbus™ is a professional dry ice machine which produces thick, white fog that hugs the floor and dissipates without rising. This powerful machine heats enough water to create fog from 10lbs of dry ice to provide 6 minutes of run time. Output and flow are easily controlled, thanks to an adjustable multi-level control arm. Dual heaters allow for faster heat-up and recycle times. A low water sensor increases safety. Rolling cart not included.
• Professional dry ice machine creates thick, white fog that hugs the floor
• Simple, plug-n-play operation quickly heats water to its optimal operating temperature
• Second heating element heats the water in half the time
• Adjustable, multi-level control handle manipulates the output and flow
• Low-water and temperature sensors automatically shut off heaters for added safety
+ $25 - Add Cart for Easy Portability at your event.
• Input voltage: 120 V 60 Hz
• Power and current (single element): 1,500 W, 12.6 A
• Power and current (dual element): 3,000 W, 25.2 A
• Tank capacity: 4.5 gal
• Heat-up time (single element): 50 min
• Heat-up time (dual element): 30 min
• Average runtime: 6 min
• Reheat time (single element): 30 min
• Reheat time (dual element): 15 min
• Dry ice capacity: 10 lbs
• Max water temperature: 175°F
• Weight (empty): 28.6 lbs
• Weight (full): 75 lbs
• Size: 20 x 18 x 19 in
• Approvals: CE, MET
SETUP & USE (User Manual pdf)
We assume you have already sourced your dry ice (not provided), and it is in pellet form.
- Place the machine on a level surface. Plug the power cord into the wall.
NOTE: Ensure that the outlet is a 20amp circuit, and that nothing else is connected to this circuit. The Nimbus will require the full 20amps during use (don't want a circuit breaker to trip during your event!). If you are not sure if you are on a dedicated 20amp circtuit, you will need to contact an electrician or building maintenance to confirm.
- Raise the basket to its highest level with the operation lever.
- Open the lid and fill with water up to the bottom of the basket - the RED light should come on indicating the heating elements are being heated up. If not, fill a little bit more.
- Using protective gear, load the basket with up to 10lb of dry ice.
NOTE: The dry ice should be loaded at the last possible moment.
- Close and latch the lid
- Once the GREEN light turns on, the unit is ready.
- Grab the operating lever and slowly lower the handle to the middle notch for low output and all the way down to high output.
NOTE: As soon as that ice hits that water, the dry ice effect will beging to pour out of the machine. Bear this in mind to ensure your event queque coordinates with the dry ice effect release.
- When output slows or stops, raise and refill the basket.
NOTE: the area directly in front of the output nozzle, will become wet with moisture. We recommend this area be kept clear to avoid slip and fall, and immediately mopped and dried after use. Please be cautious of especially slippery floors such as marble, ceramic, and porcelain.
- AFTER USE. Disconnect unit. Wait for the machine and any remaining water inside to fully cool down. Dump all cooled water from the internal tank from the product. You may risk bodily harm and damage to transport items if the water is still hot.
IMPORTANT: Due to water evaporation, you may need to refull the Nimbus with water to trigger the RED LED indicator. Once the red light comes on, repeat steps 4 through 7.
- There is an OPTIONAL power input next to the main power input to increase the rate in which the water is heated. Use the included power cable and connect to a SECONDARY input to a separate circuit to heat the water in half the time. DO NOT PLUG BOTH power cords into the same circuit as the breaker will trip.
- The Nimbus is fitted with a safety shutoff feature, which prevents the unit's heaters from turning on when the water level is too low. If this safety shutoff feature has been engaged, simply add more water to continue using the Nimbus.
- HOT HOT HOT! During operation, the top plate becomes VERY HOT. DO NOT TOUCH! During warm up and operation the water will be scolding hot. DO NOT place your hand into the water.
- DO NOT handle dry ice with bare hands. Thick gloves MUST be worn.
- The dry ice MUST be stored INSIDE the internal basket for optimal performance. Do not remove this basket as serious bodily injury may occur.
- Questions? Issues? Tech Support? Call us @ 1.800.884.0653 (24/7 Support)
VIDEO: CHAUVET DJ GEAR HEAS - Dry Ice Procedure, Handling, & Storage. Unit Operation...
*** DRY ICE NOT INCLUDED ***
Due to safety handling storage and procedure of dry ice, we cannot provide the Dry Ice required for this unit.
Please contact one of these companies for your Dry Ice Needs in the NY Metro & Long Island areas:
BROOKLYN DRY ICE
1241 MCDONALD AVE
BROOKLYN NY 11230
Offers Weekend Service
UNITED CITY ICE CO
503 W 45th St
New York, NY 10036
Offers Weekend Service
ARMATO ICE & FIRE
239 E 88th St, Suite #13
New York, NY 10128
171 E. Industry Ct
Deer Park, NY 11729
1000 Little E. Neck Road
West Babylon, NY 11704
Email Us For Availability or call 1.800.884.0653
- dj effect lights
- Effects Rentals
- Holiday Party Rentals
- New Years Eve Rentals
- Party Lighting
- Party Rentals
Or Email Us