The m802 can be controlled directly from Digidesign® ProTools|HD® systems, compatible control surfaces and many other MIDI devices. Additionally, the m802 can be controlled by a wide variety of MIDI mappable devices, making it easily integrated into a wide variety of remote recording situations.
DPA® 4000 series 130V microphones are widely regarded as some of the finest reference-quality microphones available. But with a 130V power requirement, microphone preamplifier options have been limited. The m802 is an excellent compliment for DPA® microphones by adding a 130V power option, available on a per channel pair basis.
The signal path of the m802 has been updated to be fully balanced from start to finish, resulting in a noticeable dynamic range improvement. Next, output current has been increased so that even longer audio cable runs can be achieved without signal loss. Also included is a provision for a high definition 24-bit/192 kHz converter card in the future.
The Remote Control Unit (RCU) has been completely redesigned to provide greatly improved ergonomics and system control. The updated RCU now offers dedicated individual channel select switches and a highly visible blue LED numeric display for channel gain settings. The RCU will effortlessly control a system of eight m802s from up to 1000’ away. And both the RCU and the m802 now come with a high contrast, easy on the eyes white backlight LCD.
The m802 system resides in the same bold, stainless steel chassis as the m series monitoring systems, which is quite rugged and easy to maintain.
- Fast, musical transimpedance amplifier architecturefully balanced, transformeless design
- Flexible digital metering with peak hold and reset
- Controllable from Digidesign® ProTools|HD® systems and compatible control surfaces (and many other MIDI devices)
- Dual high-current outputs (XLR+D-Sub) drive long cable runs and loads down to 50 Ohms
- Fast, efficient Philips I2C serial protocol to control preamplifiers from up to 1000 feet away
- Gain range of -7dB to +63dB in 1.5 dB steps
- New selectable ribbon mic mode
- Channel group mode (perfect for stereo pairs, subgroups)
- RCU able to address up to 8 units (64 channels)
- Front panel lockout mode
- Large neutral backlit LCD display
- 15 User preset memory locations, for saving preamplifier settings (gain, phantom power, phase)
- 130V phantom power available, per channel pair, for DPA microphones
- A/D Converter Features
- Absolute purist A/D converter performance: 24 bit, 44.1kHz – 192kHz sample rates
- Outputs include 2x8ch AES3 on DB25, 1x8ch AES3-id on 4 BNC connectors (supports double wire mode)
- Optional ADAT optical output module. Supports s/MUX for 88.2-96kHz sample rates
- Multiple clock sources: Internal crystal, external word clock and Digidesign™ loop sync
- Wordclock in and out, clock output can be word clock in, recovered word clock or internal ref word clock
- S-Lock™ dual stage PLL for extremely low jitter without sample rate conversion
- Ultra pure high performance analog front end
- Very low distortion conversion: 0.0002% THD+N
- Low phase noise, wide lock PLL for external clock. Locks to Fs +/- 8%
- Extremely low jitter s-Lock™ crystal based PLL
- 8 channel AES3-id/IEC60958 (S/PDIF) outputs on BNC
- Single wire and dual wire operation (8 channels on DB25, 4 channels on BNC)
- All ADC parameters are adjustable from the m802RCU or m802 front panel
- All data outputs are transformer coupled
Email Us For Availability or call 1.800.884.0653
Or Email Us